What to Expect When You Attend HCRI Therapy
- You will arrive in Roanoke on the Sunday before your first day of treatment and stay in one of three moderately-priced hotels that are within walking distance. A list of area accommodations will be sent to you after you apply. Then, you can make reservations at the hotel of your choice.
- For 12 consecutive days, you will arrive at HCRI at 8 a.m. and work intensively until 5 p.m. or later. You will have breaks during the day to recharge and also have ample time to enjoy a good lunch.
- You will experience a strikingly different approach to treatment that requires hard work and total commitment to the therapy process. Yet, you will never be asked to do anything you can’t do. Rather, you'll learn how to make fluency happen consistently by retraining your speech muscles through HCRI's systematic approach, which is grounded on the principles of nature and science.
- You will participate along with a small group of people who stutter. You’ll interact with these individuals throughout each day. Many life-long friendships are made at HCRI.
- Expert HCRI clinicians will guide you through each step on your path to fluency. We know what works (and what doesn’t) to help you achieve fluency, based on our successfully tested methods and thousands of cases.
- Your therapy will take place in a clinical setting, as well as in real-world environments like shopping malls and restaurants.
- You’ll have the opportunity to hone your fluency skills by working with computers and other advanced electronics created at HCRI.
- With each day, you will develop a growing sense that you command the skills to make fluency happen.
- By the end of treatment, you will feel more independent and ready to take on life’s challenges. You will have all the tools you need to practice and maintain fluency. Plus, you’ll benefit from a full array of post-therapy support from HCRI to help ensure your long-term success.